What To Use To Clean Laminate Flooring
I love my laminate flooring. The dark chocolate mahogany finish caught my eye when we looked at samples and I knew it would look beautiful in my home. I have two small children and the youngest is ALL BOY! Matchbox cars, Lego’s, and a myriad of other “scratch-prone” toys are often left out on my floors so durability was my number one concern. We have had our laminate for years now and the floors have proven durable. It has been 5 years since we had them installed and they still look beautiful….in the evening… immediately after mopping… as long as my children aren’t home.
The number one complaint I have about my hardwood floors is that no matter what cleaning product I use, they only look good for about 5 minutes after I mop, which happens to be exactly the amount of time it takes my children to run a mini-marathon of the house 100 times. SERIOUSLY! We, like most people, do not wear shoes in our home. After my children run around barefoot, or I walk through the house, what I’m left with is a clean floor that has footprints all over it. The pitter-patter of little feet, in this situation, is devastating after the time I spend painstakingly vacuuming and mopping the floor.
Here is a close up image of my son’s footprint on my laminate flooring. The picture was taken about a week after I had mopped. Although it may be difficult to see in the images there are several hundred other similar footprints all over my floors.
Obviously it’s time to mop again. Do you feel me? Am I the only one searching for a product that will clean laminate flooring?
Cue the angels singing and sparkling footprint-less floors. All you need to clean laminate flooring is this hard surfaces Flooring Cleaner by Shaw Floors. This cleaner is safe for all ceramic, polyurethane finished hardwood, laminate and resilient flooring. It brightens and preserves finishes and leaves no sticky, greasy or dulling residue.
How to Clean Laminate Flooring
- Thoroughly vacuum to remove dust and loose dirt before cleaning.
- Lightly mist cleaner on a 4×4 area being careful not to saturate the floor.
- Using a back and forth motion, wipe mist off the floor with a clean micro-fiber terry cloth mops or towel until area is clean, free from prints and dirt. Complete one area before moving to the next.
- Repeat step 3 working from the inner-most corner of the room to the outermost (so that you don’t leave tracks as you work) until the entire floor has been cleaned.
- Be sure to change out the mop head or replace your towel once it becomes soiled.
Here is my clean laminate flooring after following the 5 steps above. Would you look at that shine? Nary a footprint in sight!
If you’re interested in purchasing the product reviewed above, look no further than our online store. For more helpful household cleaning tips, check out our posts on how to clean stainless steel and windows.
~Beautiful Home Ideas