Romantic Bedroom Ideas- Love is in the air
Franklin TN residence. Gorgeous double tray ceiling, wall to wall windows with a pool view and impressive hardwood floors by Textures Flooring. Interior Design by Marie Jo Buffard.
Last year we brought sexy back to the bedroom.
(a moment of silence in reverence for the incredible JT <3)
That post was so popular I thought we’d revisit the subject and share some more romantic bedroom ideas.
Love is in the air and Valentine’s Day is just over a week away.
Are you looking for ways to ramp up the romance quota in your bedroom?
What can I say? Beautiful bedrooms just make my heart go pitter pat.
Here’s some common features of romantic bedrooms that you can incorporate in your home.
1) Keep the home fires burning- There’s nothing quite so romantic as a roaring fire. Cozy up with your sweetheart and let those flames burn, baby, burn.
2) Take your shoes off and relax- A cozy seating area in your master bedroom is a private place to sit and reconnect. Homes today are often built with alcoves and nooks as part of the bedroom for just this purpose. Make the most of that space.
3) Breakfast in bed is nice but messy. What about a room with a view and dining al fresco? This romantic bedroom has french doors that open out to a private patio with an ocean view.
4) Luxe textiles, a soothing color palette, and softness underfoot. I just love the symmetry of this room. His and her night tables keep necessities close at hand. The draperies behind the bed are swoon-worthy as are the dark chocolate hardwoods. As you can see, pink and red don’t have a monopoly for romantic bedroom ideas.
5) Get in the mood with mood lighting. We’ve said this before but it bears repeating, have your electrician install dimmers on your lights. Bedrooms are not spaces where you want harsh lighting.
This space incorporates all five features of romantic bedrooms beautifully. With a view like this one, everyday feels like a romantic get-away. Now that’s bringing sexy back. Do you have any other romantic bedroom ideas? Comment and share. We’d love to hear from you.