As a rule, I am not a procrastinator but this year Halloween snuck up on me. Here we are just a week shy of the big day and I’m scrambling for last minute Halloween home decor ideas. What to do? Naturally I turn to my source of inspiration, my “Pinsperation”. Not only did I find some simple and easy ideas, I found ways to decorate using what I already have in my home. BONUS! I love an upcycle. Here’s 12 of my favorite last minute Halloween Home Decor upcycle ideas for you other
procrastinators busy people No tricks. Just treats!
1) Printable Halloween Subway Art- Ok, so perhaps this doesn’t apply to anyone in your home but this one rings true in our home year round Stop over to It Works For Bobbi! to download yours.
2) Googly Eyed EEK Frame- Do you ever get that creepy feeling like someone is watching you??? We spied this one over at A Diamond in the Stuff. Great job Courtney!
3) Washi Tape Pumpkin- No time to carve? No problem. Dollar store pumpkins and a couple rolls of washi tape are all you need to recreate these plaid and striped charmers.
4) Garbage bag spider “webs”- A larger than life spider web is a creepy accent that will make your skin crawl. Garbage bags are something every household has and these are easy to recreate. Textile designer Jessica at How About Orange shares how to make one for your home.
5) Soda Bottle Bell Cloche- Showcase a spooky collection on the cheap. MJ Girling shares the tutorial in her blog here.
6) Pool Noodle Witch’s Legs- This wicked witch needs another flying lesson. Spray glitter, thrift store socks and shoes and a pool noodle are all you need to recreate this Halloween home decor. You can bury them in an urn, or slide them under the bed or wherever your witch has crash landed.
7) Coffee Can Luminaries- Light the way for Trick or Treater’s while upcycling those metal cans. Thrifty and best of all they are much less likely to catch fire than traditional paper bag luminaries.
8) Stocking Pumpkin- Another creative no carve pumpkin idea and a use for all those patterned nylons with snags. Simply slide your pumpkin in, cut off the end and tie at the top with a twist tie. Cover the twist tie with a decorative bow and you’re done.
9) Thumb tack Pumpkin- Add a little glamour to your Halloween home decor with thumbtacks like Erika did at Oops I craft my pants! We love the on trend chevron pattern.
10) Mason Jar Pumpkin- Wondering what to do with your leftover mason jar canning lids? Why turn them into a pumpkin of course! We love this creative upcycle from The Country Cook.
11) Candy Corn Hurricane- I hate to be corny but there’s nothing sweeter than these candy corn Hurricanes. Save your waistline and your wallet (from the dentist’s bill) and use your candy as filler for these hurricanes. This idea works well for other seasonal decor too. Take a look at our tutorial for Fall Hurricane Candles here.
12) Dryer Duct Pumpkin- Our roundup of Halloween home decor ideas would not be complete without this popular girl scout project. Allison over at House of Hepworth’s shares a tutorial for turning an aluminum dryer duct into the cute pumpkin you see here.
That’s it for this year’s Halloween Home Decor ideas. Try one. Try them all. Comment and share your favorite with me. Happy Halloween!!!