You are concerned about the environment today and so is Textures Flooring. That’s why we offer Nashville & Middle Tennessee with a variety of environmentally friendly flooring options. You want to do all you can to be socially responsible for your kids and grand-kids within the budget you have for your home. You may have a commercial project and want to maximize your LEED certification points. Green products offer one or all of these environmentally important characteristics; the three “Rs”:
Recyclability – The floor made with post-consumer or post-industrial recycled material. Ideally the materials can even be recycled again into additional products, such as certain carpet fibers.
Rapidly Renewable – Floors are considered “green” if they can be quickly replenished. Bamboo is cut and then grows back from the same stump; sometimes at four feet per day. Wool carpets obviously come from sheep. There are durable, attractively priced carpets made of corn fibers.
Regional – Is the material made or distributed close to home, defined as a 500 mile radius of your location? In the Tennessee area, that might be oak floors, certain tile products or carpet products out of Georgia.
Textures has over 50 different lines of green products for the home and business. Here are just a few of the more popular lines; all offering great style and reasonable prices:
- BR-111 Wood Floors – This wood flooring product contains over 50% of pre-consumer recycled content. BR-111 is all about style.
- EverStrand Carpet – Made from recycled plastic bottles and looks great!!
- Anso Nylon Carpets – Made from cradle-to-cradle Type Nylon 6 fibers, these carpets can be recycled and made into new carpets many times.
- Sorona Carpet – This carpet is made from corn. Attractive styling makes it very popular today.
- Bamboo Flooring – Textures offers several lines of environmentally friendly bamboo flooring. A great example of a
material that renews itself in short order.
- Epic Hardwood – 50% of this gorgeous hardwood floor utilizes recycled post-industrial waste.
- Grand Canyon Hardwoods – Believed to be the only hardwood floor made from 100% mill by-products reducing waste and deforestation.
If you want your home to be as environmentally friendly as your budget allows, or you want to maximize your LEED score on a commercial building, Textures can help.