Only 9 days till Christmas…not that we’re counting.. . . . Are you feeling stressed by decorating for the holidays? Has all the tinsel, glitter and gift wrap left you shaking your head? Longing for a simple Christmas? If what I just described sounds too good to be true, then read on. In the spirit of the holidays, we are sharing 9 simple Christmas decorations that will rekindle the Christmas spirit in even the biggest “Bah Humbug” of all.
1) Felt Poinsettia Ornament/Pin– This felt poinsettia from Tidy Mom is simple to recreate. Whether you use it as a holiday touch for your lapel or your Christmas tree it would look equally stunning. All you need to morph this pin into an ornament is to hot glue an alligator clip to the back. Then clip it onto the branches of your tree, a Christmas wreath or garland and you are done.
2) Christmas Ball Ornament Wreath– With just $10 and about an hour you can have a stylishly simple Christmas wreath. We’ve seen alot of these but this one by LiveLoveDIY is our favorite. Head over for the tutorial.
3) Glitter covered Christmas bulbs– Ok, so you had us at “glitter”. Sarah over at Crafting and Creativity found a creative upcycle for those lightbulbs that no longer work. All you need is glue and glitter. We think this would be a really creative vase filler or could be attached to a garland for an extra special unique look.
4) Sock Snowmen– Brittany over at Darkroom and Dearly fashioned these cute snowmen with a sock, rubber-bands and …..rice! I’m pretty sure every household has these items. My dryer routinely “eat” socks. What a wonderful use for all those singles.
5) Yardstick Christmas Star– This yardstick star is sheer genius. This is an inexpensive way to show your Christmas Spirit on a large scale without breaking the bank. Hot glue and yardsticks along with some seasonal greenery are all you need. The yardsticks could also be spray painted other colors to coordinate with your home’s color scheme.
6) Magazine Christmas Trees– Here’s an oldie but a goodie. This one has been around since my grade-school days. Follow the picture tutorial to craft your own. Another way to upcycle your old magazines and save the recycle bin. The spray paint is a nice touch!
7) Cranberry Garland – What could be simpler than cranberry garland? All you need is a needle, thread and ALOT of cranberries. We love this organic look. Pair it with dried orange slices and bay leaves with holly for a coordinated on your mantel or in your tree.
8) Cinnamon stick votive holders– Here’s an attractive way to infuse your home with the smells of home-baked goodness. Just cinnamon sticks, hot glue and a clear glass votive holder are all you need. These would be lovely as part of your Christmas table. For more Christmas table settings, check out our post here.
9) Sparkling Christmas Tree Cones– Last but certainly not least. are the Christmas Tree Cones. Rachel over at LikeaSaturday.com fashioned hers out of posterboard, feather boas, ribbons, tinsel and glitter. Could it get any easier than that?
We hope you enjoyed this post and that your Christmas spirit is revved up again. Decorating for the holidays can be overwhelming but it doesn’t have to be. Experience a simple Christmas, recreate some of the ideas shared in your home with someone you love. For more great holiday and Christmas Decor Ideas, see our other posts here.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!